Monday, October 29, 2007

Fly Fishing Help

We all know that fly fishing is a sport that you never conquer. I've seen guys who have fly fished for 30 years and say that they are still learning the sport. Sounds strange, but it's true. I don't feel quite so bad about my casting when I hear that from some of these seasoned veterans of the river. And I've found that most everyone is great about offering tips or suggestions. No, I did not say that they gave out directions to their favorite fishing spot. However, if I have asked, or at times if someone has watched me struggle with a particular knot or whatever, they are great about helping me out. There are lots of sites online that offer great tips to beginners and pros alike. One site in particular that I found is called Fly Fishing Talks. Their site has several great features that I found interesting. They have a Recipe link that had some killer recipes on it. The link site offered several new places I hadn't brought up by search. However, the best thing on this site for me is the forum. I have learned alot from it already, just by looking at questions and answers posted by other members. If you are interested in checking out facts on gear, new places to fish, great recipes, or a really neat forum, you might check out:
http://www.flyfishingtalks.com

Have a Great Day on the River!

elaine

No comments: